More and more people are waking up to the fact that something is amiss. How can everybody always be sick? What’s up with this sh!t?
We rely on outside forces in our pursuit for health without internalizing our own self perpetuating problems. We don’t take responsibility. We make excuses and justifications. We just do what everybody else does. And in a world that regularly subsidizes disease, our ultimate demise is our acquiescence to the norm.
Cancer rates are as high as they’ve ever been. Diabetes, heart disease, epilepsy, you name it; they’ve all risen in recent decades. There are many things to blame. The biggest culprit might be our diet, which has drastically strayed from what is natural and normal. Every other animal in the world eats their food raw. We’re animals, remember?
But it matters not only what we put in our body, but what we put on it. Most people are completely oblivious to the harmful effects of commonly used household items like laundry detergent, dryer sheets, fragrances, perfume, soap, teflon, shampoo, lotion, sunblock, toxic cleaners, and deodorant, just to name a few.
Unless you go out of your way to avoid these toxic products and find natural alternatives, you risk poisoning yourself daily, day after day, year after year. Eventually the toxins that come in have to come out. Our bodies know when is the best time to ‘get sick’, or really, initiate a healing crisis, which is the body’s response to an overload of toxins. What we call ‘getting sick’ is simply the expulsion of toxic material. (Toxemia) That’s why you body heats up when you’re ‘sick’. Our body’s intelligence uses heat as a catalyst so it can do it’s job more efficiently.
Normally when we display symptoms(a healing crisis) of a disease, we suppress them with medication since we don’t understand they’re actually a good thing. Symptoms are none other than your body expelling toxins in various ways. We may not enjoy the healing crisis we experience, but we’re better off because of it. We become less toxic.
Detoxify Your Home and Join the Green Cleaning Trend:
Hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, baking soda, lemon, coconut oil, castile soap, these are all great substitutes for many things.
Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner
Fevers act as catalysts in expunging toxins, so don’t suppress them, unless they get out of control. Some say anything below 104-105 is harmless. According to this source, at 107.6° brain damage can occur, so don’t let it get too out of hand.
Thomas Sydenham (1624-1689) the celebrated British doctor said: ‘Fever is Nature’s engine which she brings into the field to remove her enemy.’ Regrettably, very few people were listening. -K.S. Jaffrey
“If there were a physician skillful enough to produce a fever it would be useless to seek any other remedy against disease.” -Rufus the Ephesian physician (ca. 100)
Give me a fever, and I can cure any illness. -Hippocrates
“… every so-called disease is a crisis of Toxemia; which means that toxin has accumulated in the blood above the toleration point, and the crisis, the so-called disease – call it cold, flu, pneumonia, headache, or typhoid fever – is a vicarious elimination. Nature is endeavoring to rid the body of toxin. Any treatment that obstructs this effort at elimination baffles nature in her effort of self-curing.” -Dr. John Tilden
What Should I Eat? Raw FRUIT and vegetables, grass fed beef, RAW Meat and Fish, steamed vegetables, salads, sprouts, lentils, legumes, nuts, seeds, etc. Fruit is an especially powerful food that can clean out your system.
If you are like me and eat meat and fish, just make sure it’s the right kind, of good quality, and not on drugs and tortured it’s whole life.
What Shouldn’t I Eat?
•minimal or no soy (fermented if you must!)
•minimal or no pasteurized dairy (get raw milk It’s healthy!)
•minimal processed meat.(eat grass fed meat! You can even eat it raw, it won’t kill you!)
•minimal or no gluten (it’s not just the gluten, it’s all the crap that’s substituted for it!)
•minimal or no MSG (and we think it’s only in Chinese food, no that shit’s in everything)
•minimal or no GMO’s (G.od M.ove O.ver, genetically modified crap)
•minimal or no refined sugars (coconut sugar is probably the least bad)
We are not going to be perfect. We are all going to cheat, so when you do make sure you’re not cheating with something that is really toxic.
“According to the saying of an ancient philosopher, one should eat to live and not live to eat.” – L’Avare-Moliere (1622-1673) French Playwright
General Common Sense Guidelines:
• If you can’t pronounce it, don’t eat it.
• If it doesn’t expire, don’t eat it. The longer the food’s expiration date, the shorter yours.
• If we haven’t been eating it for thousands of years, don’t eat it. (agave, canola, soy, etc)
• If it came from a plant, it might be OK to eat. If it was made in a plant, it’s NOT OK to eat.
I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. –
The word ‘natural’ comes from naturel, our inborn character to live according to nature. The word hygiene stems from hygienie, “the healthful art of living well”. Natural Hygiene is our inborn drive to live well according to nature.
The healing power of nature, what Hippocrates called vis medicatrix naturae, is an inborn ability we all process. All living beings have the ability to heal their afflictions as long as they are provided with what they need to live well.
“Kapieren und Kopieren [comprehend and copy Nature]” -Viktor Schauberger
Natural Hygiene is just what it sounds to be; a clean philosophy of living according to nature. When we think of hygiene we think of cleanliness, which is essential, but it is not obtained by bleach. It is obtained by common sense. For example mosquitos tend to hang out in filthy stagnant swamps. Now we could just bleach the whole swamp and kill the mosquitos and all other wildlife, which is the way we metaphorically treat disease today. Or we could drain the swamp, clean up the area, and fill it with fresh water. Modern medicine doesn’t want to drain the swamp, they just want to continue treating the symptoms.
The art of healing comes from nature, not from the physician. Therefore the physician must start from nature, with an open mind.
What Do We Need To THRIVE?
Cancer is not a deficiency of chemotherapy. We get sick because we either have an excess of toxins accumulated in our bodies, or we lack one of the fundamental necessities that’s required for a healthy life. There are between 8 and 13 of them, depending on how you classify each requirement.
I like Dr. Loraine Day’s acronymic recipe for living life to its fullest. We can all be giving a new start once we begin living according to Nature.
The Eight Necessities of Human Health: NEW START
T trust in God
1. Nutrition. It’s important to have the proper species specific diet, which in our case is raw fruit and vegetables.
2. Exercise. We weren’t created to sit on our butts all day. Move around. Go for a bike ride. Kayak, swim, surf, jog, walk. Spinal integrity is vital to our health.
3. Water. Ideally we should get most of our water from fresh ripe fruits. The rest should be obtained from a spring if possible. Fluoride and chlorine ruin our city water and make it unfit for consumption. Oranges are 87% water. Do you think that 13% that it’s lacking truly puts it at a disadvantage over tap water?
4. Sunshine. Get outside everyday at least for a half hour. You body produces the hormone vitamin D which is essential for vitality.
5. Trust in God. If you’re an atheist, this means believing in a something higher than yourself. Have a little faith and you’ll feel right as rain.
6. Air. Fresh air is very important. Indoor air can be pretty toxic. Open up a window. Go for a walk.
7. Rest. Both physical, mental, and metabolic. Give you body a rest in digestion with a short periodic fast.
8. Temperance. In moderation and virtue. It’s important to have a healthy positive mind. Love yourself and others.
While Dr. Day’s list is excellent, it should also be studied in combination with the Natural Hygiene(Nature Cure) teachings of Eric Karlsson. In the fourth chapter of his book “Nature Cure” he describes in even more detail the true necessities of human life. I think he is right on point.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS OF HEALTH
Just like there are factors that cause disease there are factors that cause or produce health. To stay healthy we are dependent on a number of biological, psychological and social circumstances. Certain factors through the history of man up to today have contributed to produce the state of health (or disease) as we find in humans today. To maintain health we need to live under similar circumstances to those that produced health for our ancestors. At the same time as we need to avoid as far as possible the factors that causes disease. The factors necessary for optimal health can be summarized as follows:
1. Fresh air and correct breathing
2. Pure water
3. Relaxation, rest and sleep – Necessary for elimination of toxic waste and regeneration of the nervous system.
4. Natural foods in the right amounts and with the right balance between different food groups and nutrients The diet should be alkaline forming.
5. Exercise – Humans are created for movement and we need daily physical exercise. When living close to nature no organised exercise is necessary. But when living an average modern life, 30 minutes or one hour or more per day of exercise is of great benefit. Exercise improves our general health and makes digestion and sleep better. Exercise we may get through sports, dance, walking, in our work etc.
6. Natural radiation, such as sunlight in balanced amounts
7. Sunlight is free nutrition from the cosmos that requires no nerve energy to digest.
8. A suitable climate – Humans need to live under certain climatic conditions. Certain temperature, humidity and certain changes in climate are most favourable for human health.
9. Positive mental attitude – When maintaining a positive mental attitude we largely create our reality while at the same time facilitating the free flow of nerve energy, blood and lymph circulation.
10. A balanced social and family life – Refers to friendships, community, security, love, physical touch, intimacy, communication, culture, profession and occupation.
11. Structural integrity – All parts of the body, muscles, ligaments, bones, organs, etc. should ideally be maintained in their correct position. No organs or parts of the body should ever be removed. A body in structural balance is necessary for the free flow of nerve energy, blood and lymph circulation.
12. A life in harmony with nature, cosmos and their rhythmical cycles – We ought to live in harmony with the daily and yearly rhythmical cycles. A healthy nature and healthy soils are a basic condition for health in humans.
13. A good heredity – This is the only point that we cannot influence in any way. However, the heredity of future generations is determined, directly and indirectly, by how we live now. These factors could be said to be the basic requirements for health. There are many factors that influence our health. The most of them are largely under our control. By our choice of lifestyle we to a great extend cause (produce) either health or disease. However, there are also some factors that we cannot control (heredity) or can only partly control, for example environmental factors or in the case of accident structural integrity.
But I’m Sick Now, What Do I Do?
Start living according to nature. Correct your diet and the other twelve necessities of human health previously mentioned. A cure is not a magic bullet. In fact, there is no such thing as a ‘cure’. There is only the state of health, and the state of dis-ease. (pain and suffering) Once we make these corrections, health is soon to follow.
Rest! This cannot be overstated. Remember your body is a healing machine. It’s not the bandaid or the neutragena that heals that scrape on your elbow, it’s your body. But that cut won’t heal if you’re constantly moving around being a busy body. Learn to settle your mind and body. Let the natural healing power commense.
Energy wasted will not go towards your power to heal. Conserve it, both physically and metabolically. Sleep soundly and fast periodically. Especially in the morning when your body is naturally in a state of detox according to our circadian rhythm.
Don’t believe what you’re doctor has told you. They are usually wrong. All people make mistakes, even those we put on a pedestal that wear white coats. I’ve encountered so many people who’ve said they were as good as dead according to their doctor, but ended up being just fine, years and years past their assigned expiration date. Every single one of them made significant changes in their diet and lifestyle, often times in complete contrast to their well intentioned allopathic physicians’ advice.
pharmacy: from Greek pharmakeia “use of drugs, medicines, potions, or spells; poisoning, witchcraft pharmakeus (pharmakis) “preparer of drugs, poisoner, sorcerer” from pharmakon“drug, poison, philter, charm, spell, enchantment.
Don’t worry, You will get well as long as your body and mind have what they need to heal. There is no healing power outside the living organism, not in herbs, not in food, not in medicine or surgeries. You yourself possess the innate ability to heal, but only by living in accordance with nature.
We are, after all, the product of Creation, not some cosmic coincidence. Everything in nature is perfect, because it was designed by the Divine Architect specifically for us and all other life as we know it. This is not anthropocentric or vain, it’s just our reality. The sun and moon are the right distance from Earth, Big G, and the charge on the electron, the anomalous point of water is just right, climate, etc. Everything is perfect, not due to serendipity but rather divine intelligence and cosmic creation.
Disclaimer: This blog provides general information and discussion about medicine, health and related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. If the reader or any other person has a medical concern, he or she should consult with an appropriately-licensed physician or other health care worker. Nothing contained in the website is intended to establish a physician-patient relationship, to replace the services of a badly trained allopathic physician or health care professional, or otherwise to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. There is no better person to take care of yourself than yourself. Find out the truth for yourself. Use your common sense. Use your intuition.
Don’t forget we need healthy fats too!!! (more on this to come)